When searching for care for a loved one, consumers are faced with myriad choices. And when it comes to how to market a home care agency, agencies are faced with similar questions. With service offerings that seem similar across providers, how does a home care agency stand out from competitors and provide consumers with confidence that the highest standards are consistently met? The answer is marketing a home care agency with trust marks.
A trust mark is a green light for consumers and referral sources to proceed – into your website and into a relationship with your company. Trust marks are independent, third-party assurances that communicate to consumers that your agency has met specific criteria to achieve a distinct designation. In meeting the criteria, home care agencies can then display the logo, seal or emblem of the third party on their website, marketing materials, and other communications.
In the homecare industry, trust marks are essential for building consumer confidence in your company, your services and your commitment to high quality care. Because of this, it’s imperative to not only pursue the steps necessary to earn and maintain trust marks, but to feature them prominently on everything from your website to your email signature.
The top six most meaningful trust marks in the home care industry include:
- Licensing information. If your agency is licensed by the state and/or county where you provide services, this information should be prominently displayed when marketing a home care agency. Licensure, including whether your agency is in good standing, the exact type of license, and the licensing body helps to establish your home care agency as a professional business that is reliable, competent and meeting criteria outlined by government entities.
- BBB accreditation and/or BBB rating. The Better Business Bureau was founded in 1912 and is widely known as a trusted source for information about the business practices of both BBB accredited and non-accredited businesses. BBB accredited businesses can feature the BBB seal on both print and digital materials. Thousands of non-accredited businesses are also listed on the BBB website and have received a BBB rating. If you haven’t done so in a while (or ever), now is a good time to check your agency’s BBB rating. Is your agency categorized correctly? Do you have outstanding complaints that have not received a response? We recently had a client discover her agency had a C rating because she had an outstanding complaint from two years earlier. Set a reminder to check your BBB profile regularly so that you can respond to and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Home Care Pulse Certified Trusted Provider and any of the higher achievable designations from Home Care Pulse. Strengthen your agency’s reputation by partnering with a third-party company like Home Care Pulse to conduct customer and caregiver satisfaction surveys. In doing so, you show that your agency places a premium on listening to customers and caregivers and making improvements based on their feedback. Utilizing a third party to conduct regular surveys increases consumer trust because they can feel confident that the results are honest and not biased. When an agency partners with Home Care Pulse as a Certified Trusted Provider or earns any of their “Best Of” or “Leader In” designations, these badges should be prominently displayed in marketing materials for clients, caregivers and referral sources.
- Caring Star Award from Caring.com. Each year, Caring.com, a leading senior living referral service and the nation’s top site for senior care reviews, recognizes home care agencies that have achieved service excellence through consumer ratings and reviews. To qualify, home care agencies must meet a rigorous set of criteria, including: 10 or more consumer reviews on Caring.com and an overall average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars in each of the prior two years, among others. If selected as a Caring Star, agencies can display the seal on their website. Agencies that receive a Caring Star designation for three consecutive years are designated as a Caring Super Star, demonstrating to consumers a long-standing commitment to the highest levels of care and customer service.
- Specialized accreditations. If your agency or members of your staff have undergone specialized training or received certification in dementia care or other care specialties from legitimate and verifiable accrediting bodies, badges that profile these accreditations are great additions to your agency’s marketing materials. Specialized accreditations show that your agency is committed to leading-edge care techniques and meeting diverse client needs.
- Local people’s choice or chamber awards. Many local news organizations, chambers and other community organizations sponsor annual “Best of” competitions where local residents vote for favorite businesses in different categories. Including these awards on your agency’s website or other marketing materials builds your company’s credibility and demonstrates to clients and referral sources that your agency is well regarded in your local community.
Now, more than ever before, consumers are looking for independent verification of the quality of services offered by in-home care businesses. Because home care services are such a highly personal decision for families, placing trust marks front and center, allows people to feel confident in entrusting the care of a loved one to your home care agency. An excellent example of a home care agency that places the focus on the trust marks they have earned is corecubed client Montebello Home Care. Featured prominently on their home page, as well as other pages on their site and in their email signatures, Montebello Home Care continually reminds consumers and referral partners why they are a leading choice for excellent care in the home.
For more information on marketing strategies that can help your agency stand apart from the competition, contact corecubed today at 800.370.6580, x1. As the elder care marketing experts, our experienced and knowledgeable staff can work with you to help tell your brand’s story, create a user-friendly website, develop informative website content and so much more. Let us help highlight your commitment to exceptional care and customer service. Reach out today to learn more.