As the holiday season swings in and we look back at the passing year, now is a great time to think about what kind of marketing methods have worked for your business, what hasn’t worked as well as you might have hoped, and what you’d like to accomplish in the new year – your marketing wish list, as it were. Just last year, j2 Global’s end of the year small business survey showed some interesting insights into what many small business owners had on their marketing wish lists for 2014, including:
- 28.16% wanted to increase their online presence
- 23.61% wanted to adopt email marketing automation to easily and efficiently reach customers
- 20.52% wanted to use email to effectively inspire referrals and sharing on social networks
These are definitely great goals, and corecubed helped many clients achieve measureable results implementing these goals in 2014. We know it can be daunting to think about putting together a marketing plan for the New Year, so we suggest starting out by thinking of it in simpler terms. For instance, if you could make a marketing wish list for 2015, what would be on it and why?
We can tell you what other aging care companies like yours are wishing for this year because we receive these requests most frequently:
- A new website in a WordPress platform. Most aging care businesses have caught on to the importance of having a web presence, but they are still looking for the best way to present their website. While there are several content management systems (CMSs) available on which to build a website, they are not all created equal. At corecubed, our online marketing experts agree that a website built in WordPress is by far the best solution for our clients for a number of reasons, including:
- Simplicity: WordPress is designed to be extremely user-friendly, and you don’t need to be a techie to manage it.
- Multimedia: The days of static, text-only websites are gone. WordPress allows users to engage visitors with relevant photos, graphics, podcasts, maps, and videos.
- SEO: A website is only relevant if it can be found by your target audience. The code generated by WordPress has been engineered to give you the best SEO possible. Matt Cutts, the senior search engineer at Google, has even praised WordPress for being SEO-friendly platform.
At corecubed, we work with expert web developers to create websites that are SEO-friendly, and our corecubed content architects create compelling messages and natural buying paths for site visitors.
- Services to make sure people find our website when they are looking. Speaking of SEO, we have seen a huge rise in requests for assistance with clients’ SEO, or search engine optimization. Today’s marketing and advertising works much differently than it did a decade ago. Consumers have become fatigued by being targeted by marketers and having ads pushed to them. Now, when consumers are in need of a service, they can simply Google that service and find what they need in a matter of seconds. SEO helps your business get to the top of a Google search so you’re the first thing customers see when they start searching.
- Recruitment communications and strategies that attract good caregivers. This is on the wish list of almost all our home care clients. Our MOST home care marketing program provides custom materials to help agencies target, recruit, and train the best caregivers.
- Powerful marketing materials that solve problems for our referral sources. Increasing referrals is also high on the wish lists of our clients, and the same old tired brochures aren’t cutting it any more. In fact, we hear sales staff say that they don’t look forward to “bringing the same brochure again” because they know they aren’t bringing value but they are asking for business. At corecubed, we create engaging, educational marketing materials that are not only eye-catching, but also provide referral sources with helpful information for their clients, which sets your agency up as a trusted, reliable business. These communications have the added benefit of getting your sales staff excited about what they are bringing to referral sources.
Advice from experts on how to market home care services is another big item on the wish list of many aging care companies, and with good reason. Today’s aging care marketing is multi-faceted and dynamic, and it takes a team of experts to stay abreast of the constant changes of content and SEO marketing. If this or any of the above items are on your company’s wish list for 2015, consult the aging care marketing experts at corecubed. With decades of aging care and marketing experience, we know how to position your business to get results.
Don’t forget to check out our Home Care Agency Marketplace to find other ready-made plans to add to your marketing wish list!