A new year is a good time for a new perspective, particularly if you’re taking a closer look at your home care marketing strategy. For years, we’ve stressed that content is the core of all successful marketing, and that refrain will only get louder in 2019. If you want to heat up your marketing efforts for your home care agency this year, start creating content that sparks interest with your target consumers and referrers.
What is Content Marketing & Why Should I Care?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined target audience. The ultimate goal of content marketing should be to drive current and potential customers and referrers to take an action – call to inquire about your services, schedule an in-home assessment, share your information with others who might benefit from contacting you, etc.
The key in this description is that the content your create needs to have intrinsic value to your target audience. Content marketing isn’t simply describing your agency and its services, it needs to offer value to your audience. And what is valuable to one audience isn’t valuable to another. For example, a person who is looking to hire an interior designer has vastly different needs and expectations for content than a person with an aging parent who is seeking information and resources. The interior design consumer needs information about window treatments, furniture placement, how to make the most out of a small space, etc. The consumer with an aging parent needs information about fall prevention, warning signs, how to balance work and caregiving, etc. In other words, creating content for content sake is worthless in terms of marketing; your content has to have meaning for the people you are trying to reach.
Too often, people think of content marketing as separate, outside the realm of traditional marketing, when in fact, quality content is the core of all forms of marketing and sales efforts:
- Website: A professional home care website contains uniquely branded content designed specifically for the target audience. SEO-savvy home care websites also include a blog where the agency consistently posts helpful educational content that is of value to the consumer and referrer target audiences.
- Social media marketing: Social media is one place to spread the helpful content your agency produces so that targeted consumers act on and share your agency’s information with others and click through to your website to read more. Promoting the right content in social media can work to attract consumers with an immediate need to purchase home care services.
- SEO: Search engines reward businesses that consistently publish high-quality content that is helpful and relevant to the consumers the business serves. Posting content that isn’t relevant or helpful can have the opposite effect.
- PPC: For a PPC campaign to be successful, it must contain content that viewers find instantly compelling and that is consistent with your website.
- Print marketing: Brochures, rack cards, flyers, print advertisements, press releases, etc. all must answer a real need or compelling question that your target consumer has in order to attract readership and inquiries.
- Recruitment: The best caregiver recruitment ads speak not only to what the job entails but to the value the position holds in affecting the lives of others in a meaningful and positive way.
- Sales: Successful sales strategies and messages are based on understanding and addressing the needs of referrers and consumers in ways that create value and interest.
In addition, reviews and testimonials from clients, their loved ones, and those who refer to your agency are also extremely compelling content. According to a 2018 survey conducted by Bright Local, 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses, and consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before they feel they are able to trust a local business. Your potential clients want to know what others who have used your services think, so be sure to include reviews and testimonials on your website, in social media, on print materials, and elsewhere.
Want Content That Will Ignite Your Marketing? Work With an Industry Expert!
Consistent creation of high-quality, targeted content is time consuming, and it’s no wonder many companies use professional marketing firms to create content. But what if you could work with a marketing firm that specializes exclusively in content marketing for the in-home care industry? You can!
Marketing home care is different than just about any other service out there, and it takes an expert in the field to help you get lasting results. At corecubed, our expertise is in content marketing for home care agencies, and we measure what home care consumers respond to and create content that speaks to them.
If you need to heat up your content marketing for a more profitable 2019, contact the award-winning home care marketing and sales experts at corecubed today!