Do you remember the first time you fell in love – how your heart fluttered at the realization that you had perhaps found THE one? Wouldn’t it be great if you could emulate that level of response from your website visitors?
As corny as it may sound, capturing the attention of your target audiences and maintaining their interest in what you have to offer really is your ultimate goal. Those seeking home care services are deeply concerned about the safety and well-being of a loved one. So, it’s extremely important for them to find a home care agency that feels like the perfect match. And for caregivers seeking employment, there are more suitors than ever vying for their attention, requiring you to look more appealing than any other potential employer they may be considering.
The fact is, it takes mere seconds for a website visitor to decide if they want to get to know your care company better, or move on to a more appealing option. Don’t waste the marketing investment made in driving traffic to your site by quickly losing visitors because you make a poor first impression. It pays to ask yourself:
- Does your brand communicate an understanding of visitors’ needs right from the start?
- Is your message offering appealing solutions for your audiences’ pain points?
- Is your messaging all about you, or more about your target audience?
- Are you making it easy for visitors to take the next step with you?
At corecubed, we’ve created countless award-winning websites for our care company clients, ultimately creating more connections for our clients with both new customers and new hires. Here is just some of what we help agencies do to increase website conversions:
Tell Them What Makes Your Company’s Heart Beat
A crucial component of capturing a visitor’s adoration is to be clear about what your company believes is important. Why do you do what you do, and what are your viewpoints on aging and caregiving? Make an emotional statement that your target audience can connect with. This allows them to align themselves with your mission. It can be as simple as, “We believe in helping clients do more of what they love so they can live life more fully,” leading visitors to think, “Yes, that’s exactly what I want for my mom.”
Also apply this approach to attracting new caregivers. Tell potential caregivers and other prospective employees what your company believes about the contribution they make to society through their work so that they can align their beliefs with yours.
Looking Your Very Best
Your website’s visual appeal means everything for a great first impression. Take a closer look to see if:
- The images you’ve chosen are warm, vibrant and positive. Stay away from pictures of frail, helpless, miserable-looking people; instead, feature happy, thriving older adults; smiling, helpful caregivers – an upbeat tone to help visitors know that your services can foster a better quality of life and that caregiving makes a difference. Instead of being literal with picture choices of infirm individuals, choose images that convey how clients and family members will feel if they use your services and how caregivers will feel working to help others on a daily basis.
- The colors match your brand, for a professional, polished look. The color choices you make for your website should match or complement your logo colors. Pay attention to your color choices and what feelings those colors might elicit. Have you chosen warm colors or cool ones? While it might be tempting to choose more than three colors to use on your website, sticking with a palette of two to three colors will create a more professional and modern look.
- Fonts that are easy on the eyes. Choose plain, sans serif fonts over fancy, curlicue ones. Make sure the color font you choose strongly contrasts against the color of your background to make it stand out. Dark colored fonts (black, navy, brown, or dark gray) are preferred. And be aware there are certain color combinations (such as red and blue) that are especially difficult for website visitors to read.
A Clear Invitation to Know You Better
A user-friendly navigation is crucial to let users know exactly where to go to find what they’re looking for. You can accomplish this by:
- Having clear calls-to-action: for instance, large, colored buttons with simple text (Contact Us, Learn More, Apply Now, etc.)
- Using short chunks of text and bulleted lists rather than long-winded paragraphs, so users can easily skim and scan.
- Prominently listing your phone number at the top right of each page where it can’t be missed. Include opportunities to connect in other ways as well, such as with links to your social media pages.
- Creating short forms that are easy to fill out and submit to get more information or apply for an open position. You do not need to ask for the website visitor’s life story via a form on your website. Make it simple for them to get more information or arrange an interview.
More Than Sweet Nothings
Your website’s content simply must be professionally written. Misspelled words and grammatical errors or poorly written text can lead visitors to wonder if the care you provide, or the management you provide, is equally poor in quality and lacking attention to details. After all, if you are this careless with your marketing tools, what kind of other mistakes might your company be making?
Your content should:
- Clearly state how you can help solve your readers’ problems.
- Be informative, engaging, and helpful.
- Include fresh, updated content through regular blog postings, downloadable resources, and other tools geared towards making life better for seniors and family caregivers.
- Show how you create a positive, productive, and rewarding working environment for your team.
Kept in Shape
A well-maintained website will help ensure a smooth and error-free experience for your users. There’s no greater turn-off to a web visitor than reaching a dreaded 404 error page – a surefire way to lose their interest.
Performing routine web maintenance will make sure:
- Your software and plugins are up to date.
- Your site is clean of malware and hasn’t been hacked.
- Any errors and warnings are caught and addressed.
- And more.
If your agency is in need of a makeover in any of these areas, corecubed is here to help! Think of us as your professional matchmaker, connecting you to the target audience of your dreams. Contact our team of talented, experienced senior care marketing experts to learn more about the full suite of services and tools we offer to help you better market home care services to your target audience!