Online marketing is no longer the wave of the future; it’s a necessity of the present! But gathering regular, relevant (not to mention interesting) content, can be a challenge. Following other home care consulting and industry experts via their blogs and other social media channels can help inspire new ideas that will keep your own content fresh. So what are the top blogs that all agencies should be following?
- AARP Blog: The quintessential resource for individuals of retirement age, the AARP’s blog is a great place to research new and emerging issues that seniors face.
- ACHC: Another important accrediting body for the healthcare and home care industries, ACHC’s blog offers some fabulous information about accreditation and other home health industry topics.
- Aging in Place Technology Watch: Two words that were once rarely used in the same sentence are now becoming increasingly compatible: seniors and technology. Aging in Place Technology Watch, a blog run by tech industry veteran and elder care advocate Laurie M. Orlov, provides excellent information and insight into technology and its relationship to older adults and the home health care industry.
- Caring.com: Caring.com is the leading online destination for information about how to care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones.
- corecubed: Well, of course you should follow the corecubed blog! Where else can you find top home care marketing tips from industry experts? Take a look back through our blog archive to find everything from SEO and social media tips to information about website design and development.
- DailyCaring: DailyCaring provides practical answers to solve frustrating, day-to-day problems for caregivers through tips, advice, personal stories, and other resources.
- Help Choose Home: Help Choose Home podcasts help foster a national conversation about the choice to receive care in the home and age in place, covering a wide range of topics such as successful transitions, end-of-life goals, the future of health care, utilizing data to improve patient outcomes, and many others.
- Home Care Pulse: Home Care Pulse is the leading satisfaction management firm in the home care industry. Their blog offers valuable insights, resources and data that allow agencies to provide better care to their clients and referral sources.
- Home Health Care News: HHCN provides breaking news and updated information on a variety of topics relevant to the senior in-home care industry: compliance, finance, operations, reimbursement, technology, and much more.
- The Joint Commission’s Home Care Blog: Accreditation is a great way for home care agencies to differentiate themselves and promote the quality of their services. The Joint Commission’s home care blog is a good place to learn more about providing quality care from the experts.
- LeadingAge: Known as the trusted voice for aging, LeadingAge envisions an America freed from ageism, and strives to inspire, serve, and advocate.
- McKnight’s Senior Living: With news, perspective, and analysis for leaders in senior living, articles focus on the latest developments in strategy, innovation, labor, policy, marketing, IT, capital management, and product news.
- Next Avenue: Next Avenue’s mission is to meet the needs and unleashing the potential of older Americans through the power of media.
What are some of your favorite home care industry blogs? Let us know in the comment section below, or post them to our Facebook page. Ready to start your own blog? Contact the home care content marketing experts at corecubed or check out our MOST home care marketing program to get started!