The quantity of social media platforms today can feel overwhelming, particularly to small businesses. There is a seemingly constant guessing game of which platforms your business should be on and how to best use them to grow your senior care agency. To be successful in social media marketing, however, you don’t need to be doing everything everywhere all at once. Pick one or two social media platforms to focus on. Then engage with the people you want to reach in helpful ways and consider advertising on your primary platform.
In particular, Facebook allows senior care businesses to reach both prospective clients and/or their loved ones and caregivers with relative ease. If you are willing to “pay to play” with advertising dollars, it’s time to make Facebook your friend.
Facebook is a powerful tool for home care agencies, and there are a number of reasons why.
- The people you are trying to reach are already on Facebook. According to DataReportal, Facebook had nearly 3 billion active monthly users in January 2022, that means that, if potential clients and their loved ones or caregivers are using any social media platform, it’s likely that they’re on Facebook. Additionally, Wordstream ranks Facebook alongside Google My Business as one of the top local business directories.
- Facebook allows you to easily find new leads. The audience targeting feature allows you to find a core audience interested in your content and services. Facebook also has a ‘lookalike’ audience feature which allows you to upload your current audience list to create essentially, a “clone” of your current customers who share similar interest and behaviors. To do this, it is important to first set up a pixel. A Facebook pixel tracks actions people take when they click on your ads and visit your website. For instance, when a person visits your website and fills out your contact form, the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. Then, you’ll know when a customer took an action after seeing your Facebook ad. You’ll also be able to reach this customer again by using a custom audience. To learn more about the function and importance of a Facebook pixel, click here.
- Advertising on Facebook is cost-effective compared with traditional advertising. Facebook ads cost a fraction of the cost of some other marketing channels, offering home care agencies an affordable option to reach a large audience. Facebook ads use a bidding model and can cost on average around $0.97 per click. Your agency can establish how much you would like to spend on a particular ad, for example $100 over a one week period. Then, your ad will run until your budget is used up.
- Facebook advertising has been proven effective at pushing on-the-fence leads to take action. Another great feature of the platform is the custom audience feature. This lets you target users who have previously taken an action (i.e. clicked a product link, visited your site, etc.). You can continue to send those users targeted ads that relate to their specific interests, increasing the chance that they will eventually engage your agency in a meaningful way. Again, a Facebook pixel is needed to be able to track this information. Setting up a Facebook pixel on your website is simple, but can be confusing if you don’t spend a lot of time in the back end of your site or on Facebook itself. corecubed’s web and social media experts can help you set up a pixel so you can start tracking and optimizing your ads today.
Additionally, Facebook Jobs is a powerful tool for recruitment. With the employment crisis growing in the US, home care agencies are finding themselves in desperate need of quality caregivers, and social recruiting is a more economical and user-friendly way to reach more potential employees. And while the landscape of Facebook ads has changed a great deal in recent years as ad targeting has been restrained by Facebook, there is plenty of data that supports the effectiveness of creating ads, boosting posts, and recruiting new caregivers via Facebook job ads.
If you’re a newcomer to using or advertising on Facebook for your business, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by this confusing giant, but rest assured, the results will speak for themselves. Thousands of businesses advertise on Facebook because doing so simply works. So, let’s talk strategy.
- Define your audience. Use ad targeting to zero in on people in your local market area who are most likely to engage with your ad content based on interests and demographics. As mentioned previously, Facebook has recently taken away several key interest targeting categories that were useful to home care agencies but creating ‘lookalike’ audiences can help to make up what was lost.
- Use the content you have. If you are blogging regularly (and we highly recommend that you do), you should have a large array of content to pull from to get an ad campaign started. Use your content to craft eye-catching ads that offer valuable information to potential clients and/or their loved ones, as well as job seekers.
- Set your job ads up for success. As we’ve mentioned, there are a myriad of changes going on at Facebook with regards to job ads. While these changes can seem overwhelming from a marketing standpoint, there are upsides too. For instance, one of these changes has given recruiters more control over the content and appearance of job postings. This allows you to consider what you can include in an ad that will convince a potential candidate to hit the “Apply” button. Two of the biggest things job hunting caregivers want to know are pay rate and “What’s in it for me?” Be sure your ad answers these questions.
- Partner with a home care marketing firm who knows how to get results. If marketing on Facebook sounds daunting to you, don’t worry; you don’t have to go it alone! Partnering with home care marketing experts, like those at corecubed, can ensure that you get the results you want without compromising time spent with your clients or the quality of your care.
Want to make Facebook your friend for both client marketing and employee recruitment? Contact corecubed’s social media marketing experts today at 800.370.6580 and let us help you make the right connections.